The Beauty Mix
- Come With Me to the Harlem Fine Arts Show, Courtesy of COUNTRY Financial! November 15, 2017This post and giveaway is sponsored by COUNTRY Financial November in Chicago means crisp air, falling leaves and a return to glamorous indoor events. It’s the time of year for evening gowns and fabulous coats, suits and shiny shoes, arts and culture. This Thursday evening in Chicago I’ll be there at the Harlem Fine Arts... […]afrobella
- Stocking Stuffers Galore –L’Occitane Advent Calendars Make Great Gifts! November 15, 2017This post is in partnership with the CJ Affiliate VIP Content Service, and sponsored by L’Occitane There’s a debate at our home every year, right around this time. Call it The Great Tree Debate. My husband is in the Tree-After-Thanksgiving-And-Never-Before camp. I’m in the I-Was-Born-in-the-Caribbean-So-We-Can-Christmas-When-We-Want camp. Right now, the Christmas tree is lit and resplendent... […]afrobella
- Check out P&G’s Love Over Bias Video (Then Pass The Tissues and Thank Your Mom) November 6, 2017This post was developed in collaboration with P&G as part of their Love Over Bias campaign. I have respect and so much love for moms out there. I mean mothers who practice mothering as an action. Moms who do their best to give their kids the devotion, support, attention and love they deserve.... […]afrobella
- EmPOWERED To Serve – How the American Heart Association Brings Change to Communities in Need October 27, 2017This post has been sponsored by the American Heart Association. If you look around the neighborhood you live in, you may see a community that’s thriving and has all kinds of great amenities and opportunities available. And if you live in a major city like mine – Chicago – down the corner and around... […]afrobella
- Healthy, Delicious Vegan Smoothies — VeganSmart To The Rescue! October 25, 2017Maybe it’s your go to breakfast because you don’t have time in the mornings. Maybe you hate actually eating veggies and fruits but you know they’re good for you so you’re trying your best. Smoothies are popular for a reason, and everyone’s got their own reason for loving them and wanting to make them. Here’s mine. I... […]afrobella
- Flawless by Gabrielle Union – The Afrobella Interview October 13, 2017One of the things I admire most about Gabrielle Union is how grounded she is. I’ve had the pleasure of meeting her a few times — I believe we first met at the Essence Black Women in Hollywood event, and then again when we did Essence Magazine’s Upfront event in 2013. That was a panel... […]afrobella
- FORM in Formation — Why I’m Loving This New Natural Hair Product Line October 3, 2017When I learned that a friend of mine with an impeccable grind had been hired by Walker & Company — maker of genius shaving brand Bevel — I had a suspicion that something amazing was afoot beyond the world of men’s grooming. Tristan Walker is a savvy entrepreneur who’s in this for the long haul. For... […]afrobella
- Afrobella for GeenieBox — I Curated a Beauty Box for Charity! Check It Out! August 25, 2017I’m 11 years deep in the beauty game, so yes — I’ve been approached a few times to curate a beauty/hair/lifestyle subscription box. I’ve held out or it hasn’t worked out, so many reasons in the past why it wasn’t the right time or the right fit. Then I was approached by the creator of GeenieBox .... […]afrobella
- Weekend in Cincinnati — Where I Ate and What I Did In The Queen City and Covington, KY August 23, 2017I was in Cincinnati and the surrounding area for about 4 days, but they were action packed. Back and forth from the hotel to the festival, with breaks that were short but sweet and left little time for drifting and exploring. But my husband and I had some downtime to explore before the CMF/P&G Beauty... […]afrobella
- 4 Facts You Should Know About P&G Beauty August 18, 2017This post is sponsored by MBIB I had a ball at the Cincinnati Music Festival! My visit to the area was a whirlwind of fun, food and music – but in the midst of it all, I got to experience a really special, insightful afternoon in house with some of the biggest beauty and... […]afrobella
- One Week/One Carry-On March 12, 2012Even the savviest packer might struggle with fitting one week's worth of outfits and into one carry-on bag. Here's how to pack light and stay stylish from arrival to departure.
- Drugstore Beauty Buys March 12, 2012How do you find the deals, buy the right product, and avoid impulse shopping?
- Dance Abs December 21, 2010No more crunches and sit-ups. Now you can dance your way to tighter abs!
- Dressed Up Hair December 21, 2010Tranform your morning wash-and-wear hair into evening elegance.
- Bags by Nancy Gonzalez December 21, 2010See why relative newcomer Nancy Gonzalez is already one of the most celebrated handbag designers in the world.
- Correct Makeup Mishaps December 21, 2010Make-up mistakes are easy to make, but fixing them isn't too hard.
- Diva Exchange December 21, 2010What's the most fun way to save money on clothing? Swap with friends! The Diva Exchange has everyone dressing like a starlet.
- Couch Workout December 13, 2010The couch is no longer a refuge for the exercise evader. You can watch TV and lose weight at the same time -- if you take cues from fitness trainer Kelley Davidson.
- Name That Bag December 13, 2010From the Birkin Bag, to the Jackie Bag, to the Fendi Spy Bag, Saks Fifth Avenue's Jean Rubert charts a timeline of iconic handbags according to their historical context.
- 5 Minute Hair December 13, 2010Check out some DIY hairstyles that truly took five minutes or less.
- Chicago’s City Wide Symphony Orchestra Celebrates its 70th Season Long-standing relationship with Chicago Park District and Jefferson Park Community
- The Gage: Chicago Fave on Michigan Ave
- Check out “Feathers” A Tango Journey from Tango 21 Dance Theater
- Gold Coast Chic: 3 Arts Club Cafe
- Spring Cleaning Your Closet and Chicago Consignment Options