The Beauty Mix
- Afrobella for GeenieBox — I Curated a Beauty Box for Charity! Check It Out! August 25, 2017I’m 11 years deep in the beauty game, so yes — I’ve been approached a few times to curate a beauty/hair/lifestyle subscription box. I’ve held out or it hasn’t worked out, so many reasons in the past why it wasn’t the right time or the right fit. Then I was approached by the creator of GeenieBox .... […]afrobella
- Weekend in Cincinnati — Where I Ate and What I Did In The Queen City and Covington, KY August 23, 2017I was in Cincinnati and the surrounding area for about 4 days, but they were action packed. Back and forth from the hotel to the festival, with breaks that were short but sweet and left little time for drifting and exploring. But my husband and I had some downtime to explore before the CMF/P&G Beauty... […]afrobella
- 4 Facts You Should Know About P&G Beauty August 18, 2017This post is sponsored by MBIB I had a ball at the Cincinnati Music Festival! My visit to the area was a whirlwind of fun, food and music – but in the midst of it all, I got to experience a really special, insightful afternoon in house with some of the biggest beauty and... […]afrobella
- Inside My Cincinnati Music Festival Experience with MBIB! August 14, 2017Summertime and all I want to do is enjoy the season in my favorite way – by going to music festivals all season long! If you follow me on Instagram, you already know that I love a live concert experience. From world music and soul, rock or jazz, hip hop and R&B – I am... […]afrobella
- How I Learned to Drink More Water (The Hard Way. By Getting a Kidney Stone. Don’t Be Like Me) August 8, 2017August 5, 2016. It was like any other day, pretty much. I was talking to my dad on the phone, telling him about a doctor’s appointment I had the day before, telling him about my plans for the 10th anniversary of Afrobella – that would have been August 13th. I had plans and stuff... […]afrobella
- On Learning to Love Your Difference July 21, 2017When I was in high school, I wanted to look like anyone but myself. I thought I was too big, too dark but not dark enough at the same time, with acne and dark marks from picking at my face. My hair wasn’t long enough for my liking. I felt uncomfortable in my own skin.... […]afrobella
- Beauty Brand History – Vaseline, from Skin Healing Past to Cocoa Radiant Present Day July 17, 2017This post is sponsored by Mirum for Vaseline Cocoa Radiant When I look back at my own beauty history, it was the very first product for me. That would be Vaseline — the multi-use balm that’s safe enough to protect against diaper rash. Honestly, it was probably your very first beauty product too — Vaseline... […]afrobella
- Matthew A. Cherry’s #HairLove Needs Our Support! July 14, 2017Most of the time, my mom or my aunts or my sister did my hair. But the occasions where my dad tried to comb my hair are amongst the most memorable. The struggle was real, and so was the love. Daddy haircare has an extra special place in my heart because of those memories. And... […]afrobella
- It’s Amazon Prime Day! 12 of the Best Prime Beauty Selections July 11, 2017Happy 7-11 everyone! If you’ve been conscious and had online access in the last month, you may be aware that today is also Amazon Prime Day! I’ve been a Prime member for years now, and I feel like in this safe space I can admit to being a bit of an Amazon addict. My wish... […]afrobella
- Afrobella on Windy City LIVE — Beauty Products to Keep You Looking Cool this Summer July 11, 2017I always say that this career is a never-ending exercise in rising to the occasion. I have been avoiding TV for years, because of my own fear and anxiety and self-consciousness. For years. I’ve been asked to appear on many a program and always found some reason why it wouldn’t be a good idea or... […]afrobella
- Better Your Blow Dry November 9, 2012Ladies, blow drying isn't just point-and-shoot.
- How to Wear Graphic Prints November 9, 2012Check out some of the stunning printed pieces from designer David Peck's collection.
- Graphic Prints November 9, 2012One designer says there's more to a print than meets the eye.
- Flywheel Sports March 12, 2012You've probably heard of spinning but you probably haven't heard of Flywheel. Here's why cities nationwide are buzzing over this workout.
- Tailoring Transformations March 12, 2012A few tweaks can transform the fit of an outfit.
- One Week/One Carry-On March 12, 2012Even the savviest packer might struggle with fitting one week's worth of outfits and into one carry-on bag. Here's how to pack light and stay stylish from arrival to departure.
- Drugstore Beauty Buys March 12, 2012How do you find the deals, buy the right product, and avoid impulse shopping?
- Air-obics March 6, 2012Some say it's the best workout they've ever done -- on a trampoline!
- Pair Your Makeup and Outfit March 6, 2012Don't ruin your ensemble with the wrong makeup.
- Help for Thinning Hair March 6, 2012Try these hair growing and hair thickening solutions!
- Chicago’s City Wide Symphony Orchestra Celebrates its 70th Season Long-standing relationship with Chicago Park District and Jefferson Park Community
- The Gage: Chicago Fave on Michigan Ave
- Check out “Feathers” A Tango Journey from Tango 21 Dance Theater
- Gold Coast Chic: 3 Arts Club Cafe
- Spring Cleaning Your Closet and Chicago Consignment Options