The Beauty Mix
- I Love a Sale — My Clearance Section Scores at City Chic January 17, 2018Winter is here and it’s bleak enough as it is. How about some COLOR in our lives? Every winter I try to find a few key pieces that add extra oomph to my wardrobe, items that allow me to be comfortably warm and yet expressive of my aesthetic. Like this look right here, by City... […]afrobella
- I Helped to Judge the Indie Business Network’s Artisan Product of the Year Awards – Discover My Faves! January 16, 2018One of the best things about my career is that I get to discover so much that’s new and exciting in the beauty world. I love indie beauty brands so much, and I love seeing up and coming brands flourish in the marketplace! I was so honored to be asked to judge the Indie Business... […]afrobella
- Inside My #AfrobellaORS Event — So Grateful For This Special Evening! January 4, 2018In many ways, 2017 was a challenging year for me. I know I’m far from alone in that fact but now that I can truly look back on the year that was, I realize the levels of trials and tribulations that surrounded me. Too often in 2017, I let tough times to pull me under.... […]afrobella
- New Year, New Wardrobe – Taking the Best Care of My New Threads January 3, 2018I partnered with Downy on this post! 12 months of a whole lot has just passed us by. There’s a LOT I want to move on from, so part of my annual new year’s ritual is to CLEAN AND PURGE. That means no dishes in the sink or dishwasher, no trash in the trashcans, fresh... […]afrobella
- Adios, Itchy Winter Skin – How Olay Moisture Ribbons Came to The Rescue December 19, 2017This post was sponsored by Olay, but these experiences are all mine! I’ve been living in Chicago since 2009 and at this point I’ve seen my share of winters. Some have been mild, some have been horrendous. I’ve definitely had my experiences with winter’s specific beauty and personal care issues and come to learn a... […]afrobella
- Pleather Weather — City Chic On a Windy Day in Chicago December 18, 2017I’ve been a fan of Australian-based fashion brand City Chic Online for years now — their aesthetic tends to be unique, interesting and sometimes a bit edgy. Plus, the clothes I’ve tried have all truly been of quality. So when the challenge came to style some looks for fall, holiday, and winter into spring, I sprang... […]afrobella
- Great News! Now You Can BUY My Limited Edition We Are ONYX Box! No Subscription Needed December 14, 2017This month kicked off on a high note when I announced that I curated a limited edition beauty box for We Are ONYX! I’m honored to have had the opportunity to collaborate with one of my favorite beauty subscription boxes in the game, and we have a new announcement to make. Now you can click... […]afrobella
- Afrobella’s Indie Beauty Brand Holiday Gift Guide 2017 December 13, 2017During the holiday season you can totally rack up discount deals at major retailers, but you know indie brands have my heart. Especially the ones that celebrate our beauty at their core essence; creating products for us, by people who could be us. So this black-owned indie beauty holiday gift guide will celebrate and highlight... […]afrobella
- Get Into my We Are ONYX December BOGO Box! December 3, 2017I’ve been a fan of the We Are ONYX box since 2013, and I love the space they have carved out for themselves in the subscription box space. To me, they are amongst the very best in catering specifically to beauty for us and presenting a variety of independent brands. So when they approached me... […]afrobella
- Groupon– The Easiest Spa Appointments In Town! Get Yours Right Here December 1, 2017People ask me all the time, where my go-to manicure places are, or what my favorite spas in Chicago are. I usually try to give a recommendation based on location, treatment or price point, but I’ll be honest with y’all. Sometimes I really don’t know. I can only speak to what I’ve been to. There... […]afrobella
- One Week/One Carry-On March 12, 2012Even the savviest packer might struggle with fitting one week's worth of outfits and into one carry-on bag. Here's how to pack light and stay stylish from arrival to departure.
- Drugstore Beauty Buys March 12, 2012How do you find the deals, buy the right product, and avoid impulse shopping?
- Dance Abs December 21, 2010No more crunches and sit-ups. Now you can dance your way to tighter abs!
- Dressed Up Hair December 21, 2010Tranform your morning wash-and-wear hair into evening elegance.
- Bags by Nancy Gonzalez December 21, 2010See why relative newcomer Nancy Gonzalez is already one of the most celebrated handbag designers in the world.
- Correct Makeup Mishaps December 21, 2010Make-up mistakes are easy to make, but fixing them isn't too hard.
- Diva Exchange December 21, 2010What's the most fun way to save money on clothing? Swap with friends! The Diva Exchange has everyone dressing like a starlet.
- Couch Workout December 13, 2010The couch is no longer a refuge for the exercise evader. You can watch TV and lose weight at the same time -- if you take cues from fitness trainer Kelley Davidson.
- Name That Bag December 13, 2010From the Birkin Bag, to the Jackie Bag, to the Fendi Spy Bag, Saks Fifth Avenue's Jean Rubert charts a timeline of iconic handbags according to their historical context.
- 5 Minute Hair December 13, 2010Check out some DIY hairstyles that truly took five minutes or less.
- Chicago’s City Wide Symphony Orchestra Celebrates its 70th Season Long-standing relationship with Chicago Park District and Jefferson Park Community
- The Gage: Chicago Fave on Michigan Ave
- Check out “Feathers” A Tango Journey from Tango 21 Dance Theater
- Gold Coast Chic: 3 Arts Club Cafe
- Spring Cleaning Your Closet and Chicago Consignment Options