Beat the Heat, Before it’s Gone!
It’s unanimous that summer in Chicago is nothing to miss! So since we are already in August- gasp! We are?!- Yes, since it’s already August we want to send out a reminder to get your summer on while you still can! If you’ve been so busy with graduations, weddings, family parties, work, etc., do NOT panic! There is still time to enjoy this fantastic season before the wardrobe change begins!
Let’s stick to the basics…
- Summer Concerts in the Park: There are eight (8) performances left in the Millennium Park Music Festival between now and August 17th. Times vary and if you can’t make it to an evening concert you can still catch a rehearsal performance usually happening midday on the day prior to the actual concert.
- Here is the schedule link for these shows: http://www.grantparkmusicfestival.com/
- Summer Dance at Michigan Ave./Balbo– These events run a little later into through September 15th downtown and in various park locations mostly on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. Have no fear, you can still swing, jitterbug, line dance, salsa, and bachata with the best of them!
- Here is the link to find a dancing night near you: http://www.cityofchicago.org/city/en/depts/dca/supp_info/chicago_summerdance2.html
- Movies in the Park: The Chicago Park District keeps the classics roll ‘in through September 14th. Dates and locations also vary.
- Here is the link to find your favorite flick: http://www.chicagoparkdistrict.com/assets/1/23/Movies_in_the_Parks_2013_Schedule.pdf
- Farmers Markets: This year the city debuted night time farmers markets. Have you been to one? The good news is most of these will still be available through the end of October! Markets happen every day of the week at locations all over, so pick the day that works best for you and find a shopping buddy!
- To view Farmers Market’s by day of the week: http://www.cityofchicago.org/city/en/depts/dca/supp_info/farmers_market1.html
- Wifi on the Beaches: There are five (5) city beaches that offer free wifi to patrons. Even though the water is likely to be cold, you can still read our newsletter while soaking in the sun! North Avenue, Osterman/Hollywood, Montrose, Foster and Rainbow beaches have all been added as official “hot spots.”
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/rachStrev/ladiesintheloop.com/wp-includes/class-wp-walker.php on line 334